Be part of building the infrastructure of the future! Congress has focused on America’s need for safe bridges, highways, and waterlines to sustain our nation’s economic and social future! RIG Consulting, Inc. will be a part of this exciting future and is seeking a highly qualified individual with excellent communication skills to join our firm as our Corporate Counsel and Employee Experience Officer. Our ideal candidate would be willing to combine their solid legal background in employment law and contract negotiation, with elevated HR tasks such as recruiting other highly qualified individuals for all roles, conducting interviews through a process that includes marketing RIG’s potential and vision, and hiring those who meet not only the required skillset but the core value mindset, as well as evaluating risks in contracting for the company. This role will encompass data collection, KPI assignments, progress tracking and score keeping of HR initiatives, executing HR priorities, continuing the development of RIG’s core values into daily employee experience, one on one employee reviews with supporting summary reports, enforcing company policies and practices along with forwarding RIG’s diversity and inclusion mission, as well as managing best practices in the employment, safety, and contracting arenas. RIG views its employees as its most valuable assets. The candidate who best meets these criteria will have a “managing up” attitude, appreciate the hybrid nature of the role, be a constant learner with a commitment to maintaining expertise in the subject matter and be focused on how to help the company achieve its growth goals through maintaining the best experience for the best possible workforce.
· Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
· Negotiates, edits, and reviews contracts and sub-consultant agreements on behalf of the company
· Maintains the company’s corporate certifications in multiple states and keeps corporation’s minutes up to date
· Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for all positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings; updates internal system with resumes suitable for future job placement.
· Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
· Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
· Performs weekly check-ins with office employees and select field employees, and provides clear and concise summary report to appropriate executives.
· Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Manages and helps to create/update employee evaluation platform, inputting role descriptions and changes as needed, and including quarterly goals and performance metrics.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management system.
· Juris Doctor required and five (5) or more years’ experience in employment law or related practice area; Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Labor Relations, or similar field preferred.
· At least three years of human resource management experience preferred.
· SHRM-CP and/or HRCI, or similar certification a plus.
The Corporate Counsel and Employee Experience Office is a full-time, exempt position. After successfully completing and passing a 30-day introductory period, the employee will be provided with the following benefits package:
Valid through: 12/20/2021