Do you want to shape the future of enterprise software?
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
We're looking for an experienced legal professional to join our team as Corporate Counsel. The ideal candidate willhave significant experience drafting and negotiating complex SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises and partnering with relevant internal stakeholders to close deals. If you like taking initiative, driving processes, making an impact, and are excited to roll up your sleeves, we want to hear from you!
The role can be based from either our San Francisco or Mountain View office.
Please note: We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Draft, review, and negotiate complex SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises and any other type of commercial agreements as needed
- Partner with relevant internal stakeholders, including sales, customer success, marketing, finance, operations, IT, and security, to drive negotiations and reduce contract cycle time
- Assist in establishing internal corporate and legal policies and compliance programs and modify current company agreements/forms/legal playbook to streamline the deal desk process and produce consistency across agreements
- Provide deep knowledge of data privacy/governance, cybersecurity, and IP and develop relevant strategy around risk mitigation
- Perform other legal responsibilities and provide general business and legal advice to all departments as needed
- Strong academic background and J.D. from highly-regarded school. Must be an active member of California or New York bar
- 7-10 years of experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex enterprise SaaS and professional services agreements with global enterprises
- Both law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Experienced in compliance, data security, privacy, and intellectual property matters in addition to patent, trademark, and data protection lawsIndependent, self-motivated individual with great work ethic and a start-up mindset of willing to help out wherever needed
- Proven track record of effectively managing the escalation path of key legal and commercial issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) across all levels of the organization with a positive, service-oriented attitude
- High ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.