Stevens Transport is currently seeking a Corporate Controller. This person will report to the Executive Team and will have interactions across all levels of the organization. The Controller will operate as a “hands-on” executive, directly responsible for all accounting and finance functions, financial reporting, and will serve as a liaison and point of contact for all external relationships for the financial and accounting demands of the organization.
The right candidate for the role should be highly organized, have excellent project management skills, strongfinancialinsight and excellent communication skills, coupled with a personality that will match the culture of the organization.
Corporate Controller Duties:
- Directly supervise accounting staff functioning in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, fixed assets and tax positions
- Prepare, oversee and review monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements for multiple entities with accompanying inter-company reconciliations and journal entries
- Record all sales and purchases for fixed assets accompanied by depreciation schedules
- Produce timely profit and loss statements for the Company
- Track and report numerous types of investments
- Frequent historical variance analysis and adhoc reporting
- Review all income tax, state tax, property tax, payrolltax and franchise tax returns
- 401K plan administration to include contributions, distributions and loans in compliance with plan documents
- Interact with banking relationship managers, independent auditors and vendors
- Establishing and monitoring: accounting policies and procedures to maintain an effective internal control environment in accordance with U.S. GAAP
Corporate Controller Profile:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; Master’s in Accounting or Taxation or MBA is preferred.
- At least 7, preferably 10+ years of finance, accounting and taxexperience, preferably at a privately-held company
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, what if analysis, financial modeling, etc.)
- Hands on, results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner.
- Keen analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- A/S 400 a plus
- People AND process management experience.