VISION: Global business with operations in over 20 countries; expanding organically and through acquisitions; sustained profitability; tenured leadership; recurring revenue streams; and an empowering and collaborative culture. Lead a team of 8.
OPPORTUNITY: Report to CFO/CAO, partner across the global leadership team, and manage Big 4 support. Looking for a hands-on leader to oversee the corporate controllership function and be an integral part of worldwide finance organization. Interface with Corporate team to include Tax, Treasury, Financial, Planning and Analysis, Legal, Information Technology, Corporate Development and Human Resources/Benefits. Generate global financial results with manufacturing operations and sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia. Responsible for managing Corporate Accounting, Consolidation and Financial Reporting functions, SEC reporting, financial management presentations, GAAP technical accounting research and implementation, internal controls and accounting policy and procedures for global operations. Lead of team of 6+ including Assistant Controller, Financial Reporting, Consolidations and Treasury. Be responsible for:
- Corporate Accounting- Manage day-to-day function including general accounting, technical accounting research and accounting policy implementation, SEC reporting, intercompany accounting, business support, and other general accounting functions. Review monthly and quarterly intercompany activity and reconciliations.
- Consolidations - Oversee global consolidation process of domestic and foreign operations. Work closely with G/L, F/R formats, integration and set up of newly acquired businesses.
- External Reporting -Manage external SEC reporting, including the preparation and filing of Reports on Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and other required disclosures, as applicable.
- SOX Compliance - Company-wide maintenance of Accounting and Financial Reporting related internal controls under Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
- Internal Controls - Interface with SBU Finance Directors and Operational Controllers. Review financialreporting accuracy and ensure compliance with internal controls including balance sheet and internal control reviews.
- Accounting Policy & Procedures- Create, maintain and approve accounting policies and procedures. Lead major projects related to new accounting (i.e. revenue recognition - 606) and compliance regulations.
- GAAP & FASB Technical Accounting & Reporting? Research, document and implement technical accounting and reporting matters and present to management and external auditors. Partner with leadership and provide technical accounting guidance (i.e. revenue recognition, purchase accounting, equity accounting, new product launches, tax issues) to support expansion of business. Analyze GAAP application impact on existing and/or future business operations, acquisitions, and transactions.
- Cash Management Reporting & Forecasting- Manage all day to day treasury/cash related activity; Fx and currency impact.
- Audit ? Serve as the go?to for Big 4 external auditor's financial statements and internal controls audits.
- Ad hoc Projects -Process improvements related to streamlining and enhancing reporting and developing expounded analysis; review company's growth strategy and review of merger, acquisition and other strategic initiatives; significant involvement in purchase accounting and integrations of acquired companies, and various special projects for CEO.
REQUIREMENTS: BS required; CPA. Groomed by the Big 4 with combination of public/private. Must have SEC and SOX experience. Solid leadership capability. 12+ years' experience in an SEC company (manufacturer, distributor, retail) with extensive consolidations, SOX 404, technical accounting, and audit. Experience with mergers and acquisitions including due diligence, accounting and reporting and integration; and new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606). Solid Excel and ERP skills.
REWARD: $175,000 to $200,000 salary (DOE) plus 25% target bonus (has paid out higher), excellent benefits and other incentives and LT equity. Travel 15-20%.