The Controller is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financialreporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Practice Velocity is seeking a Controller in Machesney Park, IL.
Due to our continued growth, we are adding this position.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel revenue recognition
- Oversee the activities for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payrolltax compliance
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.; quarterly and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports.
- Respond to CEO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financialreporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Proven working experience as a Controller
- At least 7years of overall combined accounting and financeexperience
- Hands-on accounting managerial experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting preferred
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills