Title: CORPORATE CONTROLLER
Location: Miami, FL
- 6-15years of public accounting or combined public accounting and corporate technical accounting experience
- Proficient GAAP & SEC knowledge
- BS in Accounting
- Big 4experience is preferred
- CPA is required
- Experience researching and documenting accounting conclusions on complex technical accounting matters
- Oversee month end close (GL activity, journal entries, etc)
- Interprets complex problems and solves them through established procedures (i.e., Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)) relating to revenue recognition and internally developed software and leases. Makes recommendations to executive management for action or changes to established methods. Adapts known methods to new situations as business needs change. Conducts technical research and analysis of accounting treatment.
- Ensure compliance with SEC reporting rules through the accurate and timely filing of required documents.
- Assist to develop, maintain, and ensure compliance with internal controls related to global accounting policies and new accounting and reporting guidance issued by the FASB and the SEC
- Ensure compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX404) by maintaining effective internal controls over our financialreporting process.
- Continuously strive to enhance and streamline reporting processes and controls.
- Provide support for ad-hoc projects, primarily related to M&A, systems implementations and revenue.