Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the corporate accounting department on a day-to-day basis, including general accounting, technical accounting research and accounting policy implementation, SEC reporting, business support, and other general accounting functions.
- Oversees the Company consolidation process of domestic and foreign operations and integration of acquired companies.
- Manages external SEC reporting, including the preparation and filing of Reports on Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and other required disclosures, as applicable.
- Responsible for Company-wide maintenance of Accounting and Financial Reporting related internal controls under Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and other Sections of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Significant interaction with business-unit finance directors and operational controllers and review of accuracy of financialreporting and compliance with internal controls. Multiple site visits for balance sheet and internal control reviews.
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and approval of accounting policies and procedures for the Company. Lead major projects related to new accounting (i.e. revenue recognition) and compliance regulations.
- Extensive ability to research, derive and document conclusions on technical accounting and reporting matters and present to management and external auditors.
- Primary interface with external auditors related to their audits of the financial statements and internal controls.
- Direct supervision and management of Assistant Controller, Director, Consolidations and Treasury operations and Manager, Financial Reporting including the proper delegation of roles and responsibilities and skill development.
- Provides financial input to the company’s growth strategy with respect to mergers, acquisitions and other strategic initiatives and significant involvement in purchase accounting and integrations of acquired companies
- Significant interaction and coordination with other Corporate Office functional areas, primarily, Tax, Treasury, Financial, Planning and Analysis, Legal, Information Technology, Corporate Development and Human Resources/Benefits.
- Participates in a wide variety of special projects, and compiles a variety of special reports.
- Must adhere to all company and location policies and safety rules
- Must be able to work extended hours when required
- All other duties as assigned