Position: Corporate Controller
Industry: Technology (Tech Products and related Software)
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Backed by a prominent PE firm, our client is a rapidly growing technology company who is preparing for an IPO in 2021. The VP level Controller will manage the Accounting team and will play a key role in preparing the company for IPO readiness. This is a newly created position, reporting directly to the CFO.
- Work with the CFO and other executives to prepare the company for an IPO
- Oversee the monthly/quarterly/annual close processes and ensure they are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP
- Coordinate preparation for the annual audit, along with quarterly reviews with external auditors
- Evaluate Internal Controls and make any necessary changes to become SOX compliant
- Serve as liaison with the tax & legal firms to provide necessary information for related reporting and special requests
- Review the annual operating budgets, plans and forecasts
Experience and skills required:
- B.S. in Accounting/Finance, CPArequired
- Big 4 or national CPA firm auditexperience (3 years up to Manager/Senior Manager), combined with Accounting and Reporting experience gained on the Accounting/Controllership team of a public company
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and the ability to work with complex accounting matters
- Detailed understanding of accounting and reporting requirements, as well as internal controls implementation and SOX compliance
- Experience managing direct reports and the desire to lead, train and manage the work of others
- Candidates with prior IPO or IPO readiness experience are preferred (the IPO experience could be from your time in public accounting or with a company post-public accounting).
This is a full-time position that will likely pay a base salary of $200k+, plus bonus and equity.