Corporate Controller - North of Boston
We are looking for an experienced Corporate Controller to lead our global Accounting team and maintain a strong internal control structure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The Corporate Controller will report to our VP of Global Finance.
The Corporate Controller is responsible for directing the corporate accounting activities and functions, including, the accounting close and consolidation process, external reporting, establishing and maintaining accounting policies and procedures, managing new accounting pronouncements and regulations, accounting operations, GAAP compliance, and effectively managing significant interaction and communication with other corporate functions. They will also be heavily involved with managing the external audit relationship and various ad hoc analyses of critical business issues for our senior leadership team.
We are looking for an individual with a strong technical accounting background with experience in the SaaS or software industry. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the technical skills, knowledge, and experiencerequired but will also possess a positive attitude, confidence and the ability to function and lead a team in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. This person must have exceptional resource management and prioritization skills and be able to collaborate and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization. We need someone who is hands-on, dependable, and committed. Someone who is results orientated and can execute organizational goals with the utmost urgency and commitment.
- Provide effective leadership over Corporate Accounting to ensure all responsibilities are met.
- Foster communication and cooperation among all groups within Finance and Accounting.
- Communicate to executive management regarding all financial results and targets.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Work closely with the External Reporting and Tax Department Leaders to ensure consistent and accurate application of all accounting and regulatory standards within reported financial results.
- Ensure proper accounting and financial compliance of all corporate contracts.
- Provide effective and meaningful analysis on all major fiscal areas of the organization.
- Manage the monthly/quarterly close process for all regions to ensure timely and accurate financial results, and making clear the assignments of responsibilities within the close cycle.
- Review monthly lead schedules and reporting packages from the worldwide accounting teams
- Overall responsibility, preparation and review, for the consolidation and monthly and quarterly reporting packages to the bank and investors
- Prepare and lead the analysis and drafting of MD&A on monthly results, including flux analysis on P&L and B/S changes period over period, and vs. budget/forecast
- Assist with the preparation of Board of Director financial presentations
- Ensure timely and accurate accounting and recording of equity transactions including stock based comp modification accounting
- Accounting for and recording of debt accounting
- All aspects of technical accounting researching and resolving complex accounting issues and drafting accounting memos, including purchase accounting debt modifications, stock comp, revenue recognition, goodwill testing, etc.
- Lead the coordination and support of the annual audit, be the main and primary contact for the auditors for the world-wide audit efforts
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and internal controls including but not limited to unifying of accounting processes world wide
- Any ad-hoc projects as assigned or needed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor?s degree in accounting or finance.
- 7?10 years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years of International Accounting Experience
- Solid understanding of US GAAP with a particular focus on software revenue recognition (ASC 606).
- Strong systems background
- Public accounting and Sarbanes Oxley experience is a must.