The Corporate Controller is responsible for the global financial reporting process, Company-wide internal controls over financial accounting and reporting, directly manage the Generac subsidiary controller, and SAP oversight of record to report. Responsibilities include project managing and supervising related staff, oversight of subsidiaries financial management, and overall RTR process ownership. This position is a key contributor in reporting to executive management. This position works closely with other members of corporate accounting, financial planning and analysis, treasury, tax, various department heads, key sales team members and key operational executives throughout the organization. The ability to manage day to day accounting activity, project manage company-wide process improvements while meeting key deadlines is critical for success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
30% = Policies/Procedures, Compliance
- Monitor and advise on new accounting standards, SEC and other regulations with financial impact;
- Design and implement corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Ensure all applicable process documents are updated on a regular basis. (i.e. SAP processes, SOX processes, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring an adequate plan for the control of operations. Such a plan provides control over accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost accounting, general ledger, fixed assets, etc. together with the necessary controls and procedures to execute the plan.
- Identify and correct irregularities and inconsistencies in financial information. Ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Assures protection for the assets of the business through internal control (Sarbanes Oxley) compliance.
- Implement and maintain Company-wide internal controls over the accounting and reporting function to ensure integrity of all accounting and financial data produced by the Company and ensure compliance with SOX standards.
25% = Month End
- Responsible for managing the month-end close process and financial consolidation process. Oversee subsidiary and consolidated financial statements such as balance sheet, profit-and-loss, cash flow and related supplementary reporting schedules/charts. Participate in subsidiary variances review and analysis.
25% = Management/Strategy
- Globally administer account reconciliation software tool (Blackline). Ensure Blackline is rolled out across all applicable subsidiaries. Monitor results on a quarterly basis.
- Work cross functionally to implement business unit reporting across the organization. Drive necessary changes to consolidation and SAP as identified.
- Oversight of SAP general ledger master data.
- Support the Company's merger and acquisition activity including due diligence, purchase accounting, financial and other integration activities.
- Responsible for technical accounting: review, research, and document the accounting implications of major transactions. Assess the financial implications of new accounting pronouncements.
- Involvement with SEC reporting, reviewing 10Q/10K flings, analyzing the effect of new accounting pronouncements, adoption and rolling out of new accounting standards globally, disclosure committee participant, etc.
- Responsible for budgeting applicable cost centers. Monitor budget vs. actual results on an on-going basis.
20% = Other
Other Duties as assigned and the following:
- Work closely across other departments and internally within the finance department by providing financial services support. Develop strong working relationships across the company in order to better understand business needs and to provide superior accounting services and support. May participate and, at times, lead cross-functional teams across various subsidiaries/business units.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
- 10 years of experience in public accounting and/or industry
- 10 years of experience overseeing and/or performing general ledger and consolidations accounting work
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience working with an international company
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Prior supervisory experience
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
- Public Accounting experience
- Prior experience in a publicly-traded company
- Experience with SAP ERP and Longview consolidation
- Experience with shared services service model
- Experience overseeing and/or performing cost accounting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley, GAAP and FASB
- Advance excel skills
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams
- Project management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate complex financial matters in both writing and via presentations in front of executive management
- Knowledge of database and general ledger cost accounting and shared services computer application systems to supply accurate financial information under tight deadlines (i.e. SAP, Hana, Hyperion, Longview etc.)