RJ Byrd is initiating a search for a Corporate Controller for a company based in DFW. This organization operates a multi-unit business (retail, restaurant, etc.) and having someone familiar with that type of business is preferred. They will offer a strong, positive culture, the chance to work for an industry leading brand and great location. This role, along with leading the Accounting group on a day-to-day basis, will be considered a change agent and support efforts for the company to continue to grow successfully.
- Oversee the US restaurant accounting department, including accounts payable and payroll.
- Lead the monthly and annual financial close process to ensure both timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP, including reviewing and performing reconciliations and reviews of ledgers.
- Pro-actively provide recommendations on strategies to help drive efficiency and automation into the monthly and quarterly financial close process.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financialreports; and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Maintain accounting team results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Serve as primary interface with outside auditors regarding requirements for the US restaurant accounting transactions.
- Serve as primary interface with outside internal auditors regarding requirements for the US restaurant accounting SOX process.
- Provide ERP system oversight and maintenance.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting.
- Valid CPA status.
- 10+ years of Accounting experience, preferably in the restaurant, retail, or hotel industry.
- Negligible travelrequired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and able to leverage effectively.
- Working knowledge of AccPac (Sage), NetSuite, Intacct and Oracle.