Our Client has an immediate opportunity for a Corporate Controller for our rapidly growing e-commerce/ distribution company. The Corporate Controller is responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry, and building financialinfrastructure for future growth.
- Issue timely and accurate financial statements
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly and reconciled
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Ensure that inventory is properly reconciled and all assets are protected again theft
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transaction
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available to protect the Company’s assets.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Supervise Accounting Staff
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditor for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Provide information to external CPA for preparation of federal tax return
Financial Analysis and Planning
- Prepare the Company’s annual plan.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct & evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans & programs as a strategic partner. Participate in developing new business; identify, evaluate and implement funding strategies.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, and introduce new programs/strategies to include sales and profitability growth, funding requirements, and regulatory action.
- Ultimately responsible to lead the Finance team to manage financial planning and forecasting to implement and accomplish Company goals.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization including Line of Credit for the company.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Monitor debt levels, financialreporting, and debt covenants and work with bank and outside audit firms for periodic field exams.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any new contracts and agreements between the organization and customers, vendors, and other parties.
- Produce monthly and periodic financialreports for management with analysis, reporting and recommendations including monthly and annual closings, budgets and forecasts.
- Work with CPA to develop financial and tax strategies; complete audited statements and file tax returns of business and owner.
- Process Improvement. Provide suggestions to improve processes in all areas of company to increase efficiency, accuracy and cost control.
- Implement metrics and benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations including Customer and Vendor Profitability Reports.
- Oversee the insurance requirements of the business. Provide recommendations for improvement.
- Manage Inventory Cycle Count and implement processes, procedures and reporting for company to understand shrinkage, damage and otherinventory losses.
- Accounting degree and CPArequired.
- Requires excellent knowledge of: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, applicable State and Federal laws, ERP Systems (Dynamics NAV preferred), financial statements and their preparation.
- At least 7-10years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial management experience including treasury operations. Public accounting background preferred of 2-3years.
- Requires 10years experience managing accounting department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills to foster teamwork and collaboration across the organization
- Ability to present to financial institutions, government agencies. Ability to foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships
- Ability to create and assess financial statements and budget documents.
- Past experience successfully partnering with IT staff to manage critical financial management systems.
- Hands on manager with a high level of integrity