Client has an extensive screening process for all candidates to verify core competencies with the required disciplines that have been documented in this job description.
~ Position Overview ~
Corporate Controller - CPA
Location: Boston, Massachusetts (Local Candidates Preferred - No Relocation)
Permanent W2 Direct-Hire Position
Salary: $125,000.00 - $150,000.00 Base + Benefits
Education: BS Accounting – MBA Preferred - Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant Designation
Understanding of Market Rate Housing a Huge Plus!
Overview & Responsibilities:
- The client is a premier real estate company that has a record of successful investments. This organization is looking for a capable, diligent and experienced financial professional.
- As a successful candidate you will be responsible for budget management, financial reporting, financial analysis, cash management, risk management and supervising the accounting staff (accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll).
- In this position the selected candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer of the firm which the primary focus of the role will be involvement in all aspects of the accounting function of the organization.
- In this role will also serve as a business advisor to the CEO and your success is this capacity requires the ability for you to deliver and present thorough analysis in a timely fashion to the leadership team. Also, as the Controller he/she will direct other office related activities such as human resources on an as needed basis.
- The successful candidate must have excellent business judgment, attentive and has the ability to perform at a high level with little direct supervision. This is a premier opportunity for a keen professional who thrives in a busy workplace and is well-versed in closely working with senior management.
- 8 - 12 years of real estate accounting experiencepreferred
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline (Master's Degree Preferred)
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation
- High attention to detail
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superb mathematical skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of accountancy