Who is Cleaver-Brooks…
Cleaver-Brooks is the market leader in providing fully integrated boiler and burner systems. We lead the boiler/burner industry due to our unmatched distributionnetwork’s ability to deliver the
knowledge, service, training and support that are essential to long-term performance. Our customers will tell you that we’re the only equipment provider that manufactures boilers, burners, controls, and a full array of ancillary and aftermarket products. They’ll also mention that our unique single-source capability means that we can deliver fully integrated boiler room solutions that reduce overall costs and optimize space. It is our focus on products that deliver the most efficient, reliable, safe and environmentally sustainable solutions that differentiate us in the marketplace. Cleaver-Brooks continues an 80+ year legacy of providing the customers we serve with extraordinary products designed to deliver unsurpassed performance through the power of commitment.
The Corporate Controller is responsible for the leadership and management of the accounting and finance function of Cleaver-Brooks. The role is directly responsible for financial accounting, operational accounting, financial planning and analysis, financial project management, taxes and treasury functions. It provides oversight to the development of processes, policies and controls to ensure financial integrity of financial and operational reporting and achievement of financial goals. The Corporate Controller role encompasses key stakeholder relationships, including the CEO, CFO, other executive management, facility management and private equity owners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership to the corporate, business units and facility accounting and finance teams.
- Designs, establishes and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s and company’s goals and objectives.
- Develops and utilizes financial and operational measures to identify and correct inefficiencies and variances to budgets and forecasts.
- Partner with operational and sales teams to lead and/or participate in projects to enhance profitability, efficiency, and understanding.
- Manages daily activities and month-end close processes.
- Ensures appropriate and timely implementation of changes in GAAP and tax requirements for all countries.
- Oversee the maintenance of standard cost and project cost systems allowing for the accurate measurement of project performance.
- Identify and implement standard policies and drive consistent processes across all locations.
- Manages commercial banking relationships to ensure adequate and efficient set up of treasury activities.
- Oversees financial management of foreign operations, including establishment of such functions in new locations.
- Lead the financial integration of acquired entities.
- Manage annual budgeting and month forecasting processes to drive better business performance.
- Leads the payroll and accounts payable teams to ensure processes and payments are managed properly.
- Ensures proper cash and working capital management across the company.
- Responsible for overall accuracy of the balance sheet and local team reconciliations adhere to policy.
- Interfaces with third party auditors and organizes internal constituents to complete and provide all audit information for quarterly and annual procedures as required.
- Continuously improves the effectiveness of the consolidation processes and decreasing the time it takes to issue financial data to Cleaver-Brooks' management, owners and government agencies without sacrificing accuracy.
- Including all other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP, standard costing practices and complex ERP systems.
- Quickly understand operating results of production facilities and business units and identify actions to improve such.
- Manage the demands and requirements of multiple constituencies which are sometimes not aligned.
This position supervises the corporate accounting staff, global facility controllers, tax and treasury associates.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPApreferred.
- Advanced Degree (MBA, MAcc, MSAT, etc.) preferred.
- Ten or more years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment as a corporate controller with prior experience as a facility controller is preferred.
Working Hazards and Conditions...
Some work in physical plant environment where plant orientation may be required and safety precautions are required. May encounter some unpleasant working conditions of brief duration.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of position given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.