Who We Are:Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. Nodistractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and onthe roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has onour lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Brooks Corporate Controller, you will handle financial accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee financial activities of the company. As head of the Accounting department, you will manage all aspects of accounting from payroll to tax compliance, as well as develop internal control policies and procedures. As an inspirational Leader, you will directly supervise the Director of Accounting and Payroll Specialist.
- Oversee activities of global accounting operations and financial reporting departments
- Maintain documented system of controls, accounting policies and operations
- Ensure integrity of financial information systems and internal controls
- Manage banking relationships and cash management
- Direct and control the preparation and organization of financial statements for record and review.
- Submit quarterly/annual financial reports to senior leadership and parent company.
- Advise senior leadership on matters of financial analysis and decision-making regarding capital investments, pricing, contract negotiations, and significant investments
- Collaborate with and support department leaders across the global enterprise to advise, interpret and ensure compliance with policies, programs and regulations.
- Oversight and remediation of internal and external audits. Present key findings to senior leadership.
- Interact with parent company and their service provides on matters related to financial reporting, tax coordination, and internal audit
- Define, benchmark and implement operational best practices across global accounting and financial reporting team
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory requirements regarding finances, tax filings, and reporting
- Manage relationship with insurance broker and ongoing administration of insurance coverage
- Oversee North American payroll processing and administration
- Manage administration of incentive plans including forecasting, accruals, calculations and disbursement of payments
- Lead a team of 15+, with three direct reports
- Provide guidance and support to international subsidiaries
- Additional projects and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration with an emphasis in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required
- 15+ years of relevant in accounting/financial experience
- 10+ years of hands-on accounting managerial experience, ideally with a multinational organization
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, payroll, income tax, indirect tax, banking, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite; Adaptive Insights and Infor M3 experience a plus
- Vendor management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Attention to detail
- Able to work well with senior executives and parent company, as well as mentor/lead team members
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors. APPLY FOR THIS JOB