Industry leading Atlanta based company is seeking a Corporate Controller. The Controller is a strategic partner to the senior executive team and leader of the accounting staff. The Controller is responsible for accurately reporting the results of the organization in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Oversight of the Accounting Department in the preparation of accurate and timely internal and external financialreports.
- The Controller will accomplish the objectives through the management of the accounting staff of approximately 35 individuals and will be responsible for developing the staff toward the highest professional standards. The staff will include corporate accounting, SEC reporting, tax accounting, accounts payable and field operational accounting. The Controller will also work with external auditors, internal audit and outsourced tax compliance provider.
- Coordinate and ensure the accuracy of the accounting information used in the budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Review and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of all SEC related documents including 10-K’s, 10-Q’s and other SEC filings as required.
- Participate in the due diligence process for potential acquisitions. Oversee the integration of successful acquisitions.
- Coordinate tax compliance with outsourced provider. Review tax returns and all tax accounting related information.
- Establish and maintain policies and controls which verify the integrity of all accounting data. Continuously provide recommendations for improvement and implement new procedures as necessary.
- Review and assist with the development and improvement as necessary with management information systems.
Skills / Knowledge required:
- Strong leadership abilities to be capable of making important decision regarding the Accounting Department.
- The ability to instill a culture of continuous improvement allowing the company to stay ahead of the curve in terms of developing acceptable accounting practices while driving centralization and interdepartmental synergies.
- Strong language and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple levels, foster open communication, and active listening with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of and exposure to accounting systems.
- The ability to understand and implement best practices.