Provides legal counsel and advice on commercial contracts. Reviews, negotiates, edits, and drafts contractual documents relating to all types of agreements, including but not limited to information technology contracts, contractor and consultant agreements, purchasing agreements, event planning contracts, administrative agreements, confidentiality agreements, other service agreements, intellectual property licenses, real estate agreements, and insurance related agreements.
- Facilitate contracts review process, including requests for proposals and requests for quotes (in collaboration with Purchasing), reviewing and drafting contracts, providing advice to business personnel, participating in contract negotiations and coordinating contract review by business personnel (e.g. Information Security).
- Routinely review and provide advice to business personnel and legal colleagues regarding contractual matters, including interpretation inquiries and disputes.
- Provide legal advice on cybersecurity provisions working in conjunction with privacy counsel, compliance counsel and information security personnel.
- Act as legal representative to Vendor Management Working Group
- Develop sound corporate policies and practices pertaining to vendor management/contracts.
- Act as key support with Purchasing for managing contracts management tools; report contract metrics for the Company and its affiliates and monitor contract lifecycles.
- Manage trademarks and intellectual property matters within Office of Legal Counsel.
- Manage record retention policies and processes for Company.
- Assist in other general corporate projects within the Office of Legal Counsel and develop working knowledge in insurance regulatory and compliance practice.
- Manage outside counsel (as needed).
- Juris Doctor from ABA accredited law school required.
- Member in good standing of a State Bar Association required.
- 6 years of legal experience.
- Experience reviewing IT contracts required.
- Experience counseling and presenting to senior executives preferred.
- Experience providing legal advice to Financial Services and/or Insurance Industry preferred.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to function in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment.
- Excellent project management and budgeting skills with a deadline orientation and focus.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers