Working at American Foods Group, LLC (AFG) gives you the unique opportunity to become part of a large, growing company that maintains a down-to-earth atmosphere where the CEO knows you by name. AFG remains a family business, with a long tradition of providing quality meat and agricultural products to our customers. Over the years, we have used our ability to quickly adapt to market conditions to turn challenges into successes. Today, we have over 4,500 employees and operate the fifth largest group of beef-processing companies in the United States. Rosen’s Diversified is a place where you can develop your career to the fullest, while working in a friendly environment.
We are seeking a full-time, Corporate Construction Manager to join our lean Engineering team in Omaha, NE to provide leadership for the development of capital projects and oversight of construction activities that are in alignment with company and industry standards.
What you will be doing:
- Managing contractors to ensure they are performing work in accordance with all safety guidelines for American Foods Group and OSHA requirements.
- Spearhead capital projects at all facility locations across the Midwest and manage project schedules/budgets.
- Leading project scope development, initial costing of projects, and negation through the bid process.
- Providing leadership to plants with the development of capital projects to ensure compliance of corporate construction specifications and be the onsite lead for high profile construction projects.
- Acting as a subject matter expect in construction management and project development.
- Identifying and recommending potential process improvements to construction practices along with potential process improvements to the facilities operation.
- Assisting with budget estimates for capital projects and annual CAPEX process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Science, or Construction Management (and/or equivalent experience).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in design and construction in a food-related industry and managing several large-scale projects at multiple locations.
- Ability to travel up to 70%.
- Ability to facilitate change and manage projects from conception through implementation.
- Strong working knowledge of Utility Systems (Compressed Air, Hydraulic, Steam Generation Systems, plumbing, process piping), project scheduling software and AutoCAD, and ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Current OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety Training.
Skylark Meats, LLC an American Foods Group company is a privately held meat processing company, with locations across the Midwest. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done.
What we offer:
- Competitive total compensation package for you and your family.
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, Vacation, 401k, 401k match, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Attendance Incentive Bonus, 2nd shift differential, Employee Recognition Programs, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!