AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL “Connect” you to your next career opportunity!
AFL is seeking a Corporate Consolidation Manager to join our accounting team at our corporate office in Duncan, SC. The Corporate Consolidation Manager will be instrumental in improving the quality of the Company’s consolidated financialreporting. He/she should have the professionalism and experience to act as a trusted advisor at a time of change and further expansion of the organization. He/she should demonstrate a commitment to the values and objectives of the Finance organization, and offer the energy, stamina and flexibility to contribute to the overall success of the Company. The Corporate Consolidation Manager will need to be a motivated self-starter who can cooperate with persons at all levels of management throughout the organization to make sure the Finance function is delivering value at all times.
- Ownership of the production of high quality financial accounts and reports for America Fujikura Limited and its subsidiaries, including actual, plan and forecast results.
- Taking ownership of the Company’s multi-currency consolidation process for both monthly internal management and statutory purposes.
- Working with the Consolidation Analyst to prepare quality consolidated reports for senior management of AFL, as well as, its parent company, Fujikura Limited.
- Administering, developing and improving the accuracy of OneStream (AFL’s consolidation tool) while training users on best practice use of the system.
- Maintaining the integrity of the chart of accounts and GL security rules. Key player in maintaining the proper flow of GL transactions, maintaining the chart of accounts and supporting consolidation entries for intercompany transactions.
- Key player in reviewing and ensuring the proper reporting of financial information in accordance with GAAP.
- Key liaison with Fujikura Limited Finance personnel, providing support with various analyses and explanation of financial results in comparison to forecasts, plan and prior periods.
- Developing and implementing best practice processes and systems across the Company.
- Technical accounting support to operating businesses.
- Responsible for the analysis of financialdata including reviewing costs and performing cost benefit analysis, extracting data from financial systems to define relevant information, and interpreting data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project a financial probability.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPApreferred
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience and familiarity with areas of intercompany transactions, account reconciliations, multi-currency consolidations, and financialreporting.
- Solid understanding of general ledger systems and foreign currency translation.
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of GAAP and sound understanding of financial statement mechanics.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques.
- Attention to details and accuracy required.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining, general accounting and financial controls and compliance.
- Skill in effectively managing and leading staff, delegating tasks and authority.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills with an ability to prioritize.
- Skill in analyzing and evaluating accounting and internal control methods and financialreports.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence individuals in various functional areas and different levels of the organization from clerical to corporate executives.
- International experience is a plus
- Oracle, BI and OneStream (or Hyperion) experiencepreferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.