Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Compliance Analyst III is a second line of defense risk management function that ensures the development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture by developing and maintaining a program infrastructure that identifies, measures and monitors compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and rules that govern a specific line of business. Associates at this level should have full ownership for one or more processes, reports, procedures or products, and are also considered analytical or procedural experts within a specific line of business.
- Maintains a proficient knowledge of rules and regulations and their impact on products, services and operations for a specific line of business
- Establishes line of business partnerships and serving as a subject matter expert to the business groups on issues related to compliance
- Conducts research of laws and regulations that impact compliance to include monitoring for new laws and regulations or changes to existing laws and regulations and providing communication to appropriate lines of business which will be impacted by these changes
- Administers a monitoring and testing program to ensure effective compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Gathers information requested by regulatory agencies
- Focuses on the resolution of complex problems or transactions, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes
- May supervise day-to-day work of other professional level compliance associates
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years’ experience in compliance, quality assurance/control, audit or other related compliance function specific to a line of business
- Or high school diploma and 15 years’ experience in compliance, quality assurance/control, audit or other related compliance function specific to a line of business
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager Certification (CRCM)
Skills and Competencies
- Strong Communication skills
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory environment as it relates to compliance in a particular line of business
- Deadline driven
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Additional Job Description:
- Knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) laws and regulations
- Knowledge and experience with CDD/EDD, investigations, BSA regulatory reporting and/or record keeping (e.g., SARs, CTRs, monetary instruments log, funds transfers)
- Understanding of leading industry practices relating to BSA/AML policies, procedures, processes and internal controls, as well as training, systems and models/tools
- Experience with evaluating and executing quality assurance and quality control functions, as well as testing concepts
- Work with assigned areas to ensure that their BSA/AML procedures and processes are aligned with enterprise-wide standards, assist with training and provide consultation as necessary