The Communications Specialist is responsible for helping to promote Nasdaq as the listings venue of choice for U.S. public companies. Responsibilities for this job include but are not limited to writing and distributing all media alerts on behalf of the companies ringing the Nasdaq opening and closing bells, managing inbound media inquiries for the U.S. listings business. This person will also manage any media support for the companies attending MarketSite for a bell ringing event or a company sponsored event and will oversee all studio bookings at the Nasdaq Marketsite.
As bookings occur across TV, digital and social platforms, this person will need to be able to handle multiple tasks at once and find creative solutions to problems as they arise. An important part of this role is to partner with internal business partners, including Production, Social Media, Marketing and other members of the Corporate Communications team.
This person willreportto the Senior Director of Corporate Communications for Listings Services.
- Monitor and analyze competitor news, current events, public opinion and press associated with IPOs to help identify issues and trends
- Work with Marketing, Corporate Communications and the business to help research information and data for IPO pitch decks
- Work closely with the PR teams for Nasdaq-listed companies to write and distribute media alerts assist with any media relations needs related to the daily opening and closing bell ceremonies
- Help with spokesperson training as needed, staff media interviews and develop statistics and information for briefing materials
- Develop and plan Nasdaq Welcome press releases, as needed, for IPOs that fit the requirements
- Partner with the lead of Corporate Communications for Nasdaq’s Corporate Solutions business to help promote Nasdaq’s Advisory Services as needed
- Work closely with Marketing, Production, Employee Communications and Social Media stakeholders as well as external guests and media to ensure a streamlined process for booking studio time
- Keep a masterinternal calendar up to date with information on the live events
- Manage email and phone calls to book appointments for on-air guests
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- ExperienceRequired: At least 5 years
- Proven ability to handle multiple requests at once
- Ability to think on their feet and pivot as necessary
- Focused on teamwork and collaboration across business units
- Excellent customer service and positive attitude