Corporate Communications Manager - (Story Teller)
Do you cringe when you read articles written in corporate speak and industry jargon? Can you take technical speak and add a creative flow to make it fun to read? Does your creative voice translate well on both social media and traditional media platforms? Are you one-half creative writer and one-half PR guru? If you are looking for a growth opportunity at a national, brand-focused company that offers supreme quality of life and an opportunity to utilize your passion for fresh, creative writing while implementing strong public relations campaigns, you have found your home! This position is under the direction of the Director of Marketing.
Employee Value PropositionAt Clear Capital, we do things a bit differently. Our open office environment is cube free and our neighbors aren’t other offices, but ski areas, trails and clear mountain lakes. Our unwavering dedication to customer support and adoption of new technologies to address customer needs have placed us securely at the top of all customer rankings. As our lead communicator your mission will be to tell the world our story through your unique, cliche-free writing. Our executives are industry experts, with interviews on CNBC, Fox Business News and extensive coverage in leading print media. You will help grow these media relationships, successfully pitch new interviews, coach our executives on interview style and bring Clear Capital's exciting story to an ever growing audience. Clear Capital has diversified to include software as a service (SaaS) products, data analytics products and new, industry first offerings to complement our valuation products. We are growing rapidly, both in employees and revenue. This growth will give you an exciting opportunity to work with internal stakeholders to create engaging, interesting stories about what drives this growth and where we are headed next.
Your progressive writing will help us grow existing coverage in news outlets such as Bloomberg, CNBC, Fox Business, Forbes, MarketWatch, New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and Reuters. You will be constantly engaged with print, broadcast and online media to maintain and grow this level of exposure. Initial duties will include developing a unique tone and voice of company communications and executing our PR strategy while gaining a clear understanding of the Clear Capital culture, unique value proposition, and the positive impact we have on our customers and the industry. Reno, NVMarketing andSalesFull Time
Things you will do
- Lead all creative writing efforts at Clear Capital including technical document writing, marketing materials, web copy, product sheets, presentations and any othercontent creation needs
- Draft refreshing press releases, briefings, blogs, etc.
- Lead the creation of an overall PR plan that meets objectives for multiple types of coverage including online and offline publications, blogs, broadcast media, etc.
- Measurement and reporting of campaigns with accurate & accountable metrics and ROI based on objectives
- Establish Clear Capital as the go-to industry expert for broadcast interviews and expert panels
- Creative development of other content for the media, including surveys, proactive pitches, etc.
- Placement of press releases on appropriate wire services
- Pitching stories to media contacts, leveraging existing relationships and fearlessly forging new relationships with nationally known editors and reporters
- Set-up and manage press briefings, coordinate media coverage for company speakers at live events
Your skill set and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or business administration from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working within a reputable PR agency or in a corporate environment leading a public relations function
- Experience developing PR strategies, including online and offline
- Experience pitching stories
- Possess a close network of editors, writers, and bloggers within established media
- Excellent teamwork as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to work well in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Ability to present and explain a portfolio of releases, proactive pitches, blogs, or other written communications
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time