This role will coordinate a broad range of corporate and product-related communications activities that include finding creative ways to tell Expedia Group's story with credible business and technology press.
The qualified candidate will also lead other communication activities to grow the company's image and reputation through external speaking engagements.
What You Will Do:
- Support Senior Director in the development and implementation of strategic corporate communications plans
- Proactively maintain relationships with existing and potential members of the media
- Back up crisis communications team on PR issues
- Develop exciting story angles and pitches related to company products, strategies and developments
- Lead and influence internal and external partners as you run initiatives from development to release to ensure strength in storytelling
- Exercise creative thinking to ensure Expedia Group leaders remain exciting and relevant externally
- Research, write and/or take primary responsibility for the content and production of press releases, fact sheets and background materials
- Assist in leading the work of outside public relations firm
- Regular work with global communications counterparts to ensure consistency of message
What You Bring:
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills – including the ability to represent Expedia Group’s business at the highest levels internally and externally
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize work, meet deadlines and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding project management and social skills
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple projects in an organized, timely manager
- Some experience in issues/crisis management is a plus
- 4+ years PR experience in a corporate or PR firm environment; technology, consumer product, and/or travel experience preferred. Experience looking after corporate-level issues management preferred
- Media spokesperson experience a bonus along with media relations experience required; journalist references appreciated.