Corporate Communications Manager
5 - 7 years experience •
The Corporate Communications Manager has the core responsibility to create high impact, accurate and targeted content and communications for both internal and public audiences.
This includes developing and executing on-brand and on-tone content for company e-mails, web content, social media, presentations, videos, marketing materials and other company communications.
Total Quality Logistics (TQL) is a multi-billion-dollar leader in the third-party logistics industry. Its fast-paced, energetic sales model and state-of-the-art technology has propelled it from a Cincinnati startup to one of the largest freight brokerage firms in North America. Motivated employees from coast to coast help to arrange thousands of truckload freight movements every day.
Fierce dedication to the company’s winning principles – integrity, honesty and teamwork – gives TQL the edge to continually exceed the expectations of its employees, customers and carriers, and makes this a company people are proud to be associated with. Do you have what it takes?
- Responsible for knowing the required voice and tone for executives, customers, carriers and employees.
- Drives strategic communications initiatives and manage relationships that increase visibility, industry expertise, while protecting TQL’s brand and reputation.
- Proactively manages media, industry, government, community responses, stories and reports about TQL.
- Has primary ownership of web content, social, intranet, advertising and industry-facing content; internal communications; executive level speeches, public outreach and video scripts.
- Oversees the content and management of workplace and industry award programs and application submissions.
- Supports internal departments with developing, auditing and proofing content for strategic and on-tone messaging for various customer groups: employees, recruiting, customers, carriers, industry.
- Establishes key industry, media and government targets and works to develop core and continuous B2B relationships. Serves as a company spokesperson and media contact.
You need the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related area of discipline; Communications, Marketing, English, Public Relations.
- 5-12 years of experience in corporate communications and writing/editing company content.
- Brilliant writing and editing skills – recognized for high impact writing skills that can also quickly edit and coach the work of others.
- Superior listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic and critical thinker with proven planning skills.
- Superior organization, time and project management skills.
- Proven experience with all levels of an organization.
- An exceptional performer and team leader under high volumes of work and/or stress.
- PR and media relations experience helpful.