$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Our people are our most important asset and – true to our culture – we believe investing in our talent is investing in our shared future. The Corporate Communications Strategist role falls within our Corporate Public Relations Team – the team that's at the center of it all working with the media and key stakeholders to share Purina's story.
As the Corporate Communications Strategist, you are responsible for supporting Nestlé Purina PetCare Company's (NPPC) corporate communications activities, focusing primarily on issues management and crisis communications.
You will support and help execute a best-in-class strategy that mitigates risk and protects the reputation of the company. This includes working within a collaborative team on corporate positioning and reputation management.
This is a strategic position that will require you to play a key role working cross-functionally to manage issues, develop scenario plans, activate stakeholder networks, enhance our reputation, and further operationalize and maintain our crisis communications preparedness.
In this role, you will help proactively identify, manage and prevent issues relating to our products and business practices and develop strategies to promote, protect and strengthen Nestlé Purina's reputation.
Our vibrant culture challenges us to Stand Taller and ask "What's next?" or "What's better?" So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
· Serves as a key member of the team developing strategies and plans to prevent and mitigate sensitive issues and crises with potential to damage Nestle Purina Pet Care reputation. Works with internal team and external consultants on protocols to identify, flag, prioritize issues and develop proactive and responsive tactics
· Takes a lead role in annual risk mapping, scenario planning, and training and governance of our crisis preparedness (issue identification, crisis manual updates, tabletop exercises, drills, etc.)
· Explores opportunities for continuous improvement of issues management process by identifying innovative tools, ideas and practices as well as ways to reduce duplication and ensure role clarity in times of crisis
· Collaborates with business partners and subject matter experts to define company's position on various issues. Monitors issues and analyzes if company's position or view should evolve or change
· Supports North American factory/facilities with corporate communications and crisis/issues management. Role has capacity to expand to international opportunities
· Leads education of employees on key issues to drive understanding and facilitate advocacy
· Creates proactive messaging and materials, manages graphic and video production, utilizes research and message testing, and assists with spokesperson identification and media/presentation training
· Creates reactive position statements, key messages and Q&A that meets company standards on tight deadlines. Routes content for review and incorporates feedback
· Engages with media, staffs interviews, corrects articles and serves as a spokesperson as needed
· Creates channel-appropriate communications to influence stakeholders' perspective, overcome their possible biases, neutralize negativity or inspire advocacy
· Collaborate with other cross-functional teams, such as external affairs, on mutual objectives
· Perform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Bachelor's degree or higher with a major in public relations, journalism, communications, or related field
· Seven or more years of in-house or public relations agency experience with an emphasis on corporate communications, issues management, and/or crisis communications is required
· Experience developing and implementing issues of communications plans is required
· Knowledge and/or experience with critics, activists, lawsuits, online petitions and other issues that arise for corporations is required
· Scenario discussion facilitation, planning and execution of crisis exercises is preferred
· Skilled in corporate communications planning, media relations, and preparation of related communications materials is preferred
To our veterans and separated service members—you're at the forefront of our minds as we regcruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission—you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Valid Through: 2019-11-6