Industry: Hospitality & Recreation•
5 - 7 years
Posted 163 days ago
This is the senior non-managerial professional position in Corporate Communications. A consultant is a skilled, veteran communications and public relations professional, capable of providing expert advice to senior executives, directing major projects and project teams, and producing content of the highest caliber. Sound professional instincts, the ability to manage important internal and external relationships, and deep professional knowledge are required, since the consultant will be the face and voice of corporate communications on important projects. The position may focus in any of several professional areas, including brand communications, public relations, corporate communications, crisis communications, employee communications, project management or corporate social responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Owns and leads significant communication projects, public relations and processes.
2. Lead subject matter expert in specific professional disciplines, for example, a senior media and public relations professional, speechwriter, project manager, special events manager or environmental communications professional.
3. Responsible for key professional relationships.
4. Directs the activities of external agencies and internal teams as needed.
5. Independently develops and executes appropriate strategies to address communications challenges.
6. Manages significant communications programs, which may include special events, promotions, press trips, press conferences, executive briefing, web, digital and social content production, and charitable programming.
7. Primary role supporting internal clients on project teams.
8. Serve as leading-edge subject-matter expert on key professional disciplines.
9. Occasional travel.
Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent, directly related experience required.
5-7+ years of PR agency, public relations, government or corporate communications experience.
Publicist / Media relations experience
Public Relations experience
Have established media relationships along with PR contacts
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
Goal oriented and action-focused, practical, and self-disciplined.
Well versed in project management techniques, processes and methodologies.
Ability to evaluate and provide constructive feedback in a timely manner.
Possess excellent communication, presentation skills.
Demonstrated the ability to quickly analyze situations and alternatives and make prudent decisions.
Mastered the art of asking, observing, and listening.
Super confident in pitching and comfortable reaching out to everyone from Vanity Fair, to Buzzfeed and Travel and Leisure, while knowing how to walk the walk and talk the talk for each one
Effortlessly organized self-motivator with an everlasting wealth of creative ideas
Great writer - from press releases to presentations
Finger on the pulse - always up to date with trends, both inside and outside our industry
Excellent relationship builder - ability to create, foster and leverage media relationships to achieve outstanding results