Capital Management (CM) oversees the end-to-end risk weighted assets (RWA) and capital measurement process across the Firm, and to help ensure efficient and appropriate management of capital.
CM is part of Treasury and the Chief Investment Office and partners with functional groups across the Firm inclusive of market risk, model developers, corporate financialreporting and line-of-business product controllers to establish control and governance best practices and accountability for the Regulatory Capital process to generate the Firm’s risk-weighted assets.
The Basel Measurement & Analytics (BM&A) group within CM is responsible for calculating, analyzing and reporting Firm wide RWA for market risk, wholesale credit risk and retailrisk stripes.
The RWA measures feed into corporate functions to quantify and determine regulatory capital requirements and support external regulatory filings and disclosures.
CM BM&A is responsible for the business requirements to develop and manage the Basel infrastructure and ensure calculations are in compliance with internal capital policy and guidance.
In addition, CM BM&A supports ancillary activities to perform impact analysis on methodology changes driving new rule proposals; support RWA component of CCAR, resolution & recovery, Pillar 2 ICAAP and Pillar 3 Disclosure; and quantitative impact studies (QIS) for regulatory agencies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare and design presentations and stand-alone materials for senior management and large stakeholder community on key business and technology initiatives in partnership with BM&A senior management. Materials are generally print, but also could be web or video
- Manage and engage in projects that cross the BM&A risk stripes. Projects would be both technology and operating model implementation related
- Review and manage process for quarterly variance analytics of RWA
- Bachelor's degreerequired: Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 5-10 years’ experience in Finance, Risk Management, Business Management or related field
- Experience preparing and designing print and presentation materials for senior audiences and wide distributions
- Experience driving large initiatives across multiple functional groups
- Knowledge of financial products such as securities, credit products and derivatives
- Ability to work in pressure oriented environment and able to handle multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Basel Capital Rules important
- Must have excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues at various levels of the organization
- Strategic thinker and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent graphic design for presentations and print materials
- Self-motivated team player. Must possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire needed information
- Excellent organization and control focus
- Superior attention to detail and process-orientation
- Ability to synthesize and analyze large amounts of data to ascertain key facts and trends.
- Lead and influence without having positional authority
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and gain consensus on key decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio etc.
Req #: 180033005