Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The Corporate Business Development team is looking to add a member to the team. This is an opportunity to be part of a very small team that works at a fast pace on a broad variety of subjects. This is a unique opportunity to learn new skills and market expertise while making a significant impact to NPD’s Corporate Business Development activity.
The team’s charter is to support NPD’s external growth strategy, provide comprehensive and actionable information on the competitive landscape and deliver on the revenue objectives for Data Partnerships.
The individual will assist with efforts across the acquisition/investment/partnership activity, Competition Tracking as well as Data Partnerships. The position is designed for a high-growth potential individual who can learn and develop in the role.
The position reports into the Executive Director of Corporate Business Development & Data Partnerships.
- Provide support to the EVP and Executive Director within Corporate Business Development in three areas: acquisitions/partnerships/investments, competition tracking & data partnerships
- Fuel the acquisition/investment/partnership pipeline by identifying companies that could be potential targets
- Complete high-level evaluations on pipeline companies
- Meet with potential acquisition targets to help evaluate fit
- Assist with due diligence on acquisition targets
- Competition Tracking:
- Support the Corporate Competition Tracking effort by assisting with company evaluations, maintaining the database of competitive intelligence, and providing feedback to the submitters
- Assist with compiling reports on competitive intelligence that can be provided to the Sector Heads as well as the Executive Committee
- Work with database of competitive PR to provide reporting to the organization
- Identify new sources of competitive intelligence
- Champion the Competition Tracking efforts with internal teams
- Support the Data Partnership effort by identifying partnership targets
- Be tuned in to trends in the data landscape that may lead to partnership opportunities
- Develop collateral to be used with potential partners
- Assist with navigating internal stakeholders to evaluate feasibility and move potential Data Partners through the pipeline
- Manage ongoing partnerships
- The position will liaise with many internal groups as well as engaging with many companies external to NPD
- 3+ years of experience
- Understanding / knowledge of the market research landscape and its periphery
- Out of the box thinking
- Team player
- A passion for or interest in M&A and proven record of outside-in thinking
- High attention to detail
- Growth mindset
- Effective communicator with all levels internally
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Strong knowledge of NPD and the overall Market Research landscape
- Basic knowledge of DecisionKey or equivalent tool to support early-stage Data Partnershipinvestigations)
- Basic knowledge of Salesforce, which is where the Competitive Intelligence database is maintained
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.