We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
It's more than just a job…we are creative, passionate people who turn innovative ideas into technological revolutions. We continue to raise the bar and stretch the boundaries of imagination. At Sony, there is no limit to what you can create. A career at Sony means more than a paycheck - it's a way of life.
Sony Electronics North America Headquarters in San Diego, CA, is currently looking for an Attorney who will provide legal support for one or more of Sony Electronics' business units, as well as certain corporate functions. The person in this role must be able to provide legal guidance to the business in a manner that facilitates business decisions by explaining potential legal risks commensurate with business opportunities. Successful candidates must be able to quickly build credibility and trust, and effectively communicate legal guidance in a manner readily understood in a corporate environment.
Key job functions include the following:
- Evaluating and understanding applicable laws and regulations to develop analysis and solutions to potential legal risks.
- Managing outside counsel effectively
- Collaborating with various Sony legal and business team members
- Litigation Management
- Managing or assisting with product liability and safety matters
- Negotiating and drafting complex legal documents. Agreements may include service contracts, technology and software licenses, marketing and advertising agreements, outsourcing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, sales agreements and distributor and reseller agreements.
- Juris Doctorate Degree and Must be active member, in good standing, in the State Bar of California or Admitted to the CA Bar within 90 days of hire
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience with solid understanding of technology and corporate business operations, including consumer products, along with litigation management, product liability/safety, and drafting, negotiating, reviewing and evaluating major contracts
- Adept at maneuvering through complex policy, process, transactions and organizational dynamics
- Superior verbal/written communications skills and strong negotiation expertise
- Ability to gain and keep the trust of others through honesty, integrity and consistent actions
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision while prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Experience with and ability to anticipate and balance needs of multiple stakeholders
- Interpersonal savvy and skilled at relating to diverse groups of people
- A strong drive for results and a track record of successfully exceeding goals, even under pressure
- Comfortable building networks inside and outside the organization
- Action oriented in a manner that demonstrates the ability to take on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm
- Available for occasional domestic and international travel
- Excellent computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint