We are seeking qualified candidates for an Associate position with our Corporate Department, to be based in our Dallas office. This person would be part of our Energy Practice Group. Our ideal candidate is a 4-6 year corporate attorney with specific oil and gas experience. The candidate must be admitted to the bar in Texas, have excellent academic credentials, and have significant experience running deals.
Candidates for Associate positions must be able to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys.
Associates are routinely required to:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis;
- Draft necessary agreements and documents with efficiency and clarity;
- Manage projects from commencement to closing;
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys; and
- Complete tasks efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associate and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Clear and effective drafting skills;
- Exceptional project management skills;
- Ability to effectively manage junior associates and others;
- Strong negotiating skills;
- Demonstrable knowledge of oil and gas transactions and terms of typical agreements; and
- Demonstrable knowledge of Texas oil and gas law.
Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in Texas.