Corporate Assistant Controller
11 - 15 years experience • Financial Services
F.A.I.T.H. Resources is a values and integrity-driven workforce solutions firm specializing in finance, accounting, information technology, and human resources. Our services include professional and executive recruitment, contract staffing, consulting, and advisory solutions.
CLIENT PARTNER PROFILE & VALUE PROPOSITION: Newly created Corporate Assistant Controller with one of the most successful companies in Orange County! Our client partner offers a fantastic work environment with unlimited opportunities for career growth and advancement.
POSITION TITLE: Corporate Assistant Controller
The Corporate Assistant Controller leads the corporate accounting functions and supports the growth of the Company through process improvement initiatives, implementation and oversight of internal controls, and serves as a key liaison between the corporate accounting department and other departments and divisions in the Company. This position will oversee all corporate accounting functions including month end close processes, consolidations, G/L reconciliations, and financial statement preparation. Additionally, this role will assist in internal and external reporting, process automation and process improvement initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Directs and manages corporate accounting functions, including general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, consolidations, month end close activities, and financial statement preparation
· Ensures GAAP and SOX compliance, as well as compliance with federal, state jurisdictions, and related regulations
· Supports the Director of Financial Reporting in the preparation of the annual report and quarterly SEC 10-Q filings
· Manages all aspects of the annual financialaudit and quarterly reviews, including serving as the primary contact for all external auditors, the preparation of all requested information and the overall timeline of the audit activities
· Supports the Head of Internal Audit to ensure all narratives and control processes applicable to the Corporate Accounting Department are documented and appropriate. Ensure all applicable processes are followed
· Collaborates with I.T. and other stakeholders, including external consultants, to identify, coordinate and implement systems and process improvements with a focus on efficiency, accuracy and customer service
· Support the Chief Accounting Officer, CFO, and other senior leaders with ad hoc projects and data that foster greater transparency to the Company’s financial and operational matters
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline
· 10+ years’ experience in both public accounting and private industry
· Public company experience including SOX compliance
· Strong command of US GAAP
· Operational accounting management experience, including overseeing monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
· A track record of success in leading, managing, coaching and developing high performance teams.
· Developing best practices, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP and SOX
At F.A.I.T.H. Resources, we are committed to our ethical principles and core values, to conducting business in a non-discriminatory manner, and to operating in strict compliance with applicable federal and state laws pertaining to Equal Employment Opportunity.