The Corporate Art Program Manager at deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum serves as the primary point of contact for Corporate Art Loan Sponsors (formerly considered “Members”). This individual is responsible for maintaining and growing sales with existing and new sponsors. Working in close collaboration with the Trustees Development team, this individual will identify and solicit new sponsors while supporting opportunities to expand The Trustees donor base. This position will be partially remote until at least January 2021.
The Corporate Art Program Manager will report to the deCordova Business Director. This individual will supervise the Corporate Art Operations Lead and the Corporate Art Merchandising Specialist.
Program goal achievement
- Meet or exceed annual budgeted revenue for the Corporate Art Loan Program.
In This Role You Will:
- Expand client relationships by effective and regular communication throughout the sales and service cycles, with emphasis on retention, revenue expansion, and new client acquisition.
- Collaborate closely with Trustees Development Team to identify and solicit new clients, and to support opportunities to bring existing clients into The Trustees’ donor base.
- Create a marketing plan to grow the program, including on-line resources and a robust social media presence, and work closely with Marketing to develop materials and execute the plan.
- With support from the deCordova Business Manager, refine internal reporting, client invoicing and acknowledgement process.
- Collect information on client art preferences and location details to support artist cultivation by the Art Loan Operations Lead, and artwork selection by the Art Loan Merchandising Specialist.
- Ensure effective and accurate presentations of available inventory to clients. Present artwork options to clients and support client decision-making.
- Provide comprehensive installation details to the Art Loan Operations Lead with a focus on ensuring an efficient install/deinstall process.
- Manage the work of the Corporate Art Loan Operations Lead.
- Manage the work of the Corporate Art Loan Merchandising Specialist.
- Participate as needed in artwork install/deinstall process.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator with enthusiasm for strategic relationship development and a track record of outstanding sales execution. Successful management experience and a strong understanding of the value of art in corporate settings are essential.
Additional qualifications include:
- 5+ years of sales and development experience, preferably in museums or galleries.
- Expertise in managing a sales process from lead generation to service fulfillment
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and effectively manage a team in a results-driven environment.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills to effectively manage and prioritize workflow and timeline.
- The demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Familiarity and understanding of maintaining data for customer relationship management tools.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop. Ability to learn and effectively use Mimsy collections database software and Crystal Reports.
- Prior art handling and installation experience preferred.
- Access to a personal vehicle for travel to clients as well as meetings in Boston and other locations as needed.
- Physical requirements include the ability and willingness to lift 25 pounds overhead; work on ladders and step stools during installations.
- This position may require occasional weekday evening and weekend hours as needed to accommodate installation schedules.