On the TPMO team, you will be responsible for project management of critical IT projects from inception through implementation. Projects will be managed through the TPMO methodology and governance procedures as well as in other key processes within the IT organization.
The Independent Contractor - Corporate Applications Project Management Senior Specialist is a contract role located in Southfield, MI. Paid relocation is not available.
- Plan and manage complex projects, across multiple work streams, concurrently
- Develop, manage and communicate timelines and due dates for tasks
- Ensure the required resources understand and execute their roles and responsibilities per the project plan to meet implementation deadlines
- Design and execute program governance processes and structures
- Manage project financials, tracking resource allocation forecast vs. budget
- Organize and lead team meetings as needed; escalate program-related issues for action to leadership
- Prepare and report weekly executive status dashboards, covering issues, risks, actuals vs budget, and overall project progress
- Manage project scope and business stakeholder expectations throughout project lifecycle
- Experience with Data Analytic and Dashboard projects
- Additional responsibilities as identified
- This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities
What you'll need
- Self-starter, experienced working in an organization using structured methodology and non-methodology practices with proven delivery success; experience in an established consulting firm is a plus
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Systems, Business or a related field preferred; relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience, with at least five (5) years in project management highly preferred
- Experience managing project finances and forecast resource allocation to meet budget
- Certification in Project / Program Management, such as a PgMP or PMP is preferred
- Must be process and detail oriented, but able to grasp the big picture. The ideal candidate would be a creative and innovative person with a demonstrated track record of collaboration.
- Must be a polished presenter and have a good executive presence
- Oversee and document all aspects of the specific projects that are assigned
- Work closely with upper management to ensure the scope and direction of each project is on schedule
- Leadership Skills with ability to keep project teams motivated, resolve conflicts, and make difficult decisions
- Legal Systems experience is a plus
- Good facility with general MS Office tools and Project Management tools is desired.
- Agile Scrum Master experience desired.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, all Firm values as defined by the Clients’ Code of Conduct and in terms of Ethics, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.