The Corporate and Securities Paralegal will assist and provide support to the Lead Counsel, Corporate with public company, securities compliance, and corporate governance activities, and will assist with other matters for the legal team as needed and able.
- Assist with preparation and filing of SEC periodic filings (10-Ks and 10-Qs, 8-Ks, S-8s, proxy statements)
- Provide support with, and organize and track information in relation to, board of directors matters, including D&O questionnaires and other director and officer information, meeting materials and minutes
- Coordinate logistics, including liaising with third party vendors, for earnings calls, annual stockholder’s meeting and other investor events
- Assist with administration of the company’s insider trading policies, blackout lists and trading windows
- With attorney oversight, prepare and file Section 16 reports
- Provide support on special projects (e.g. debt and equity financings, M&A, strategic investments); coordinate and manage electronic data rooms for due diligence; organize, distribute, and file transaction documents
- Organize and maintain backup files in conjunction with IR and Marketing teams
- Interface with company executives and liaise with other departments on various corporate matters; coordinate with outside counsel and corporate agents
- Provide drafting, research and organizational assistance as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3+ years’ relevant experience in-house at a public company, and/or at a law firm
- Knowledge and understanding of SEC, Nasdaq and other laws and regulations affecting public companies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work efficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-starter with drive and initiative, a positive attitude and strong sense of ownership over duties and responsibilities
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong drafting skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may occasionally require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the legal team, including this role, will continue to work remotely from home pursuant to company guidelines. Once the restrictions are lifted and it is safe to do so, it is anticipated that the team will likely return to the office.