At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs toWordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 35+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
As a newly public company, Elastic is seeking an experienced corporate and securities attorney who will be responsible for supporting all aspects of our life as a public company. Your focus will be on handling securities compliance and corporate governance matters. Your role will be based in our Mountain View, CA headquarters with the option to work from our downtown San Francisco, CA office or home periodically. You will be the thirteenth member of our legal department in this fast growing, truly globally distributed company.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Support the drafting and submission of SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, S-8s and Section 16 filings;
- Support the provision of substantive legal counsel to senior management on issues related to corporate securities offerings, insider trading policies, public company governance, and public securities regulatory filings;
- Assist in the preparation of corporate governance materials, including the preparation of Board and Committee materials, policies, and charters;
- Anticipate and identify changes in relevant laws and regulations, and develop and implement recommended actions;
- Assist in ensuring compliance with SEC and NYSE rules and regulations;
- Assist with corporate housekeeping and the decision-making process within the corporate structure; and
- Assist in maintaining the global corporate and regulatory structure and affairs.
What You Bring Along:
You have excellent judgment, are able to balance competing demands on your time, independently function in a fast-paced environment, and can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience and humor. We’re looking for someone with the ability to learn quickly and enthusiastically with great interpersonal skills, who is effective at collaborating across multiple teams and building strong relationships with stakeholders.
In addition, you have:
- Juris Doctor degree from a top law school;
- 2-5 years of corporate law experience handling corporate transactions and/or corporate securities matters, within a listed company or in a top law firm;
- Experience drafting annual and quarterly reports to be filed with the SEC;
- Knowledge and understanding of US securities laws (the ‘33 and ‘34 Act);
- Excellent organizational skills, and are meticulous, thorough and detail-oriented, taking real pride to ensure nothing is missed;
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving capabilities;
- The ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality;
- An excellent work ethic;
- Prior experience working in high-growth or startup technology companies is strongly preferred; and
- The ability to collaborate and function well in a team environment.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Equity grant
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 35 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!