The Corporate Analytics Manager is responsible for the management and administration of data analytic requests, as well as the ongoing development and support of the Corporate Analytics team. The Manager is responsible for continuing to evolve the accessibility and capability of the team. Activities include evaluating data, preparing reports and analysis, proposing and developing improved process solutions for business partners, and recruiting, training, and mentoring of team members.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build data sets and reporting of various corporate metrics and characteristics as needed by the business units we support to facilitate company-wide reporting.
- Organize, manage, and extract data through use of BI tools, SQL Server, MS Access, and MS Excel, providing access through creation of automated, self-service, and distributed reports.
- Support decision-makers at all levels of the organization through generation and communication of timely and thoughtful analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborate with IT Department on documenting business requirements and future system enhancements to aid in the development of advancing functionality.
- Drive Change Management and Control best practices, procedures and standards, and apply these to the reporting process.
- Consult with internal business areas, including Finance, Risk Management, Operations, IT, Legal and Servicing.
- Provide support and leadership to members of the Corporate Analytics Team, including mentoring, training, review of work products and project prioritization.
- Perform ad hoc responsibilities, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, a related field or the equivalent work experience. Master’s degree or related industry certifications related to this position are a plus.
- Five years of experience in insurance, mortgage, credit or related industry.
- One year of prior management experience.
- Knowledge of the mortgage market, including origination and servicing.
- Demonstrated skill in problem-solving, analytical aptitude, organization, and time management.
- Possess computer skills including intermediate/advanced database query/SQL experience, as well as Microsoft Access, Excel (including pivot tables), VBA, and PowerPoint, with the ability to quickly learn proprietary software products used in supporting the business operations.
- Proficiency with other database and statistical analysis tools a plus, including DOMO, R, PowerBI, and Python.
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Proven ability to evaluate business processes and recommend changes that drive increased efficiency.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with a high level of attention to detail.
- Work ethically and with integrity supporting organizational goals and values.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as the role will interact with all levels of internal and external organizations.
- Exhibit sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations.
- Strategic thinker – ability to look beyond today’s request and anticipate tomorrow’s follow-up.