Large, stable, global company seeks an Accounting Manager with strong systems focus for their group. Reporting to the Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for spearheading accounting and reporting systems upgrades and implementations.
This role will serve as an integral part of our corporate finance and consolidations teams and interface with tax, FP&A, executive leadership as well as our global finance teams supporting our segments and divisions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• coordination of accounting issues with all divisions and all departments (e.g. HR, Treasury, Tax and Chart Business Services),
• JDE E-1 maintenance including improving processes for all accountants worldwide through use of technology wherever possible.
The ideal candidate has a strong GAAP foundation and experience with financial reporting, consolidations, intercompany and JD Edwards E-1 (or other large ERP systems), as well as strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate to and partner with all levels of management.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be…
• JDE E-1 maintenance to ensure proper US GAAP accounting, leveraging E-1 capabilities, as well as other technologies whenever possible
• Updating accounting policies and training accountants in corporate and the divisions on consistent application
• Coordination of the audit with external auditors on corporate accounts
• Driving process improvements and key accounting initiatives across the company
Your Professional Experience Should Be…
• 10 years of progressive finance and accounting experience,
• Significant experience with Excel, JDE E-1 and/or other large accounting ERP systems,
• Corporate or divisional, international and manufacturing accounting experience
Key Behaviors for Success…
• Effective communication both verbal and written
• Consistently meet deadlines
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to quickly learn
• Ability to proactively change and improve processes
• Great organizational skills
• Strong finance, accounting and business acumen
Your Education Should Be…
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Finance from 4-year college or university is required
• CPA or CPA track