Corporate Accounting Supervisor and Analyst
Corporate Accounting Supervisor and Analyst Summary
The role will manage the daily operations of cash applications, accounts payable, and other assigned accounting tasks, ensuring the accuracy of data that is used to prepare financial statements.
The ideal candidate is an outstanding communicator with various types of people. Additionally, he or she must be well versed in implementing process improvements utilizing technology. The role requires a team player with excellent presentation skills.
- Ensure all assigned responsibilities are aligned with the company’s policies and government regulations.
- Provide leadership for the accounting department, train and develop personnel and asses the staff, conducting evaluations as necessary.
- Ensure best practices are being followed by documenting processes.
- Update processes, policies and procedures as necessary.
- Manage customer and supplier payments, ensuring receipts are posted in accordance with customer/vendor terms.
- Facilitate the correct accounting of garnishments, payrolltax deductions and other miscellaneous deductions.
- Prepare and review month end journal entries in addition to quarter end and year end responsibilities.
- Maintain the general and subsidiary ledgers in regards to assigned areas of responsibility and review and analyze key accounts.
- Oversee the implementation of A/P automation processes.
- Prepare audit workpapers and provide otherauditsupport.
- Remain current with developments, and practice trends in accounting.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or related
- 5+ years of general accounting experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- Familiar with ERP systems preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Enterprise One desired