We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.
JOIN US WHERE IT ALL BEGAN.
Whether you design clothes or business strategies, crunch numbers, lead projects or write code, we have a place for you at our Seattle headquarters. And we think Seattle is a pretty great place to live. More than just rainy days and coffee, Seattle has it all — mountains and beaches, arts and parks, music and film. It's made up of quirky neighborhoods, award-winning restaurants, and thriving industry. Come see for yourself!
A day in the life...
Our team is seeking anexperienced Senior Manager and utility player who will beresponsible for planning, supporting and preparation of the more complex accounting activities related to consolidation/elimination, month-end close, reconciliations and relationship development with key business contacts. Position expectations include technicalGAAP research as well as heavy involvement with strategic priorities, process improvements and team development. This individual should enjoy a dynamic work environment and adding value to criticalfinance projects.
- Has highly developed and current GAAP technical skill set, and can effectively communicate technical concepts in position papers, presentations and /or verbally to business partners in "plain English"
- Understands complex inter-company balances, foreign currency revaluation, translation and consolidation processes
- Is solution oriented, analytical and process focused
- Ability to understand the accounting impacts and identify risks from system feeds and/or changes to interfaces
- Able to appropriately challenge accounting or process assumptions to ensure conclusions reached are appropriate, whether for a technical accounting matter or a process flow for a strategic initiative
- Has a broad understanding of the control environment, including organization and supervisory control expectations
- Capability to plan and manage multiple projects of varying complexity and priority, while consistently achieving set time lines and desired outcomes
- Constantly strives to exceed goals, requirements, previous accomplishments and expectations
- Effectively partner with finance teams, business lines, technology and others across the organization to continually improve processes and develop influential relationships
- Executes month-end close, reconciliation and variance processes to ensure timely, accurate financial data that is in compliance with GAAP and Company Accounting Policies
- Takes a leadership role in building teams and supporting career growth
- Drives the decision-making process
- Displays effective written and verbal communication through email, reports, meetings and presentations
- Interpret financial data, analyze variances, and understand underlying transactions
- Utilize Oracle, Discoverer, Cognos and Essbase skills to develop processes and find efficient ways to obtain and provide information to management and others.
You own this if you have...
- BS/BA in Accounting (licensed CPApreferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with 3+ years of public accounting
- Proven ability to make sound, fact-based decisions and recommendations
- Experience as a manager, successfully leading, directing and coaching
- Effective written and oral communication skills