$80K — $100K *
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Performs monthly closing activities in PeopleSoft; performs a variety of specialized PeopleSoft functions related to transaction processing, troubleshooting, and executing PeopleSoft processes, including allocations
• Develops, implements and maintains allocation methodologies and documentation with respect to charges to subsidiaries and affiliates
• Prepares and reviews journal entries for accuracy, completeness and validity in accordance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and adherence to policies and procedures of the Company
• Performs and reviews reconciliations, including implementing the necessary solutions for any discrepancies
• Conducts monthly, quarterly, annually or ad-hoc due diligence analysis which interprets variances from period to period and detect misstatements of the Company’s financial results
• Assists with the preparation and detail review of both external and internal reports on a monthly, quarterly, annual or ad-hoc basis. Reports are prepared under either GAAP, FERC or company formats
• Conducts, analyses and implements the changes needed for new accounting pronouncements and/or regulatory orders
• Ensures compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and any remedial actions deemed necessary
• Works with the external and internal auditors during quarterly, annual or ad-hoc reviews/audits
• Prepares information for the initial filing of rate case data and evaluates/responds to data requests from the Commissions as needed
• Recommends and documents policies and procedures; recommends and implements changes to improve work guidelines, systems and processes
• Leads in preparing complex journal entries including, elimination and consolidation entries when necessary
• Establish and continuously improve processes, documentation, policies and procedures and systems
• Communicate and collaborate with various departments and external vendors to on accounting related matters
• Performs other special projects as directed by the Corporate Accounting Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
• 5+ Years of experience in an accounting function, with at least 1 year in general accounting is required
• Proven working knowledge of GAAP, SEC regulations and filing requirements. Working knowledge of FERC or energy industry experience preferred.
• Proven working knowledge of PeopleSoft General Ledger Financial module (or other large-scale application), including nVision and Query reporting tools.
• Experience with the HFM reporting tool or similar reporting application preferred.
• Demonstrate ability to logically analyze and interpret data and to identify relevant issues in solving broadly-defined business problems.
• Demonstrate ability to meet numerous internal and external deadlines under tight time constraints.
• Demonstrate ability to write and present complex messages to diverse audiences at all levels of an organization in a logical and concise manner.
• Proven ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, peers and other colleagues.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive and problem solve, and trouble shoot issues without detailed assistance.
• Ability to mentor and review the work of less senior staff.
• Ability to work late nights and weekends on occasion.
Valid through: 11/11/2020
$80K — $100K
26 days ago