The Manager, Corporate Accounting is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financialreporting and decision-making purposes.
- Manage all day-to-day accounting operations, preparing the month-end, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure company financialreports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Assist in the technical accounting research and drafting position papers on significant or complex accounting policies.
- Manage SOX compliance activities and internal controls and ensure reports are performed timely and accurately.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual analysis of financial statements.
- Oversee reconciliation of corporate balance sheet accounts and performance of corporate controls.
- Assist with process improvement and project development oversight.
- Contribute in the independent accountant's annual audit.
- Work closely with all areas of the company to enhance reporting of key business drivers.
- Assist with annual budgeting and financialreporting as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- MS or MBApreferred.
- 7+ years of accounting experience.
- Public Accounting or accounting experience with a publicly traded company required.
- Excellent problem solving abilities and the ability to work with other departments within the organization to implement business solutions.
- Highly organized and willing to engage with internal departments and external auditors to comply with filing and reporting requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and understand technical forms and financialreports.
- Able to meet deadlines, follow through on commitments and deliver on promises.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share this job on your newsfeed
Farmer Brothers Company not only prides itself on our products, but we take pride in our employees. We are able to offer competitive wages and benefits. By doing this we ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. We offer competitive benefits which include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans
- 401(k) Plan
- ESOP Plan ( Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
Founded in 1912, Farmer Bros. Co. is a manufacturer, wholesaler and distributor of coffee, tea and culinary products. The Company is a direct distributor of coffee to restaurants, hotels, casinos, offices, quick service restaurants (“QSR's”), convenience stores, healthcare facilities and other foodservice providers, as well as private brand retailers in the QSR, grocery, drugstore, restaurant, convenience store, and independent coffee house channels. The Company's product lines include roasted coffee, liquid coffee, coffee-related products such as coffee filters, sugar and creamers, assorted iced and hot teas, cappuccino, cocoa, spices, gelatins and puddings, soup bases, dressings, gravy and sauce mixes, pancake and biscuit mixes, and jellies and preserves. The Company's primary brands include Farmer Brothers®, Artisan Collection by Farmer Brothers™, Superior®, Metropolitan™ , Cain's™ and McGarvey™.