Position Summary:Corporate accounting resource for the global Constellation organization. Works to ensure global compliance with US GAAP, internal controls, and company policies and procedures. Drives best practice through research, standardization, and awareness among business constituents. Works on project teams that are responsible for complex business transactions.
- Provide accounting support and guidance for complex business transactions such as acquisitions, divestures and financing activities
- Integrate acquired companies into accounting and reporting systems and processes
- Prepare journal entries to record complex intercompany funds flow and equity transactions, including the appropriate calculation of historical foreign currency translation rates
- Research and provide technical accounting guidance in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Proactively analyze emerging accounting pronouncements for implications to the global Constellation organization
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards applicable to the organization
- Jointly responsible for updating and creating accounting policies and procedures required by either technical accounting, business or internal control changes
- Jointly responsible for reviewing business contracts for accounting implications and determination of appropriate accounting under thecontracts
- Participate in and lead projects from an accounting perspective that arise as a result of business requirements, such as implementation of new software or process improvements
- Assist with the coordination of internal and external audits as well as the preparation of statutory financial statements
- Provide oversight and governance related to the general ledger, including chart of accounts, business units, companies, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent required.
- CPA certification or equivalent strongly preferred.
- 5-7+ years of relevant and progressive experience; experience in “Big 4” public accounting strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated strong technical accounting skills.
- Prior SEC reporting experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel required; experience with JD Edwards general ledger system, SAP general ledger system, and Hyperion Financial Management a plus.
- Spanish language a plus.
- Occasional travelrequired.
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time
- Primary work environment is professional corporate office
- Ability to travel commercially to domestic and international locations