Responsible for strategic business development of Reference Laboratory and IDN (Integrated Delivery Network) accounts.
- The incumbent will work with other applicable personnel on the execution of strategic and tactical plans for securing new Reference Laboratory and IDN contracts.
- Incumbent will deploy keen negotiation skills to close business that results in selling value-added products and services to customers and provides profitable sales growth for the Microbiology US business.
- Responsible for developing strong account relationships at an executive level for the purpose of growing sales of Remel/Oxoid branded products. Developing and coordinating sales presentations and manages account development.
- Responsible for gaining new contracts and then driving all associated activity to implement the strategy related to those contracts.
- Primary responsibility for sales in assigned Reference Labs and IDNs. Negotiates pricing and contract terms with customers. Acts upon final approval from the Sr. Director of Sales. Provides the primary executive interface between the company and customers. Monitors changes in all account sales and service levels.
- Develops a business plan for each Reference Lab/IDN account assigned; monitors and reports progress monthly and develops and implements tactics to exceed sales and GP goals. Monitors business progress and advises MBD US management of results. Takes corrective action when needed to ensure that goals are met.
- Coordinates with internal departments and authorized Thermo Fisher Scientific Distributor partners to develop and implement timely contract launches and renewals. Coordinates and presents Thermo Fisher Scientific value proposition and customer solutions in a selling situation. This includes product development activities, packaging, promotions, pricing, billing, customer service and contracts.
- Facilitates the management of key business relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which are consistent with its long-term national account strategy
- Works with Marketing, Sales and Operations in developing the most effective distribution and inventory system and procedures to service Corporate Accounts.
- Recommends and coordinates activities of field sales personnel through Regional Business Managers, and internal MBD associates in the execution of tactical plans for each assigned account.
- Reports any actual or potential safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management.
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
How will you get there?
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business, Marketing or related field required. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of seven years proven sales record and a minimum of five years’ experience in National/Corporate Accounts
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Account management to include:
- Experience in managing key customer or national account relationships, creating and presenting strategic presentations to senior level managers.
- Experience in developing, presenting and closing complex business proposals.
- Competent in computer skills, Windows 2000 or equivalent. Familiar with Microsoft Office programs such as Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Negotiation Skills
- Proven track record in leading laterally and influencing without authority to accomplish business initiatives on behalf of our customers
- Strong analytical and leadership skills
- Proven success in managing large accounts and segments of business
- Strong track record of building relationships internally and using company resources to achieve objectives
- Able to make decisions independently, and to benefit the company
- High level of attention to detail
- High level of intensity, enthusiasm, and professionalism
- Strong passion for the responsibility of the position and the contribution to the overall business
- Ability to travel 75%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is committed to providing a barrier free work environment for all employees. Employees are encouraged to submit in writing, to the Human Resources Department, any modifications or special accommodations deemed necessary to perform the essential functions of their job.