Opportunity: This position directs the sale of products through assigned Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs). The incumbent develops and implements short and long-range sales and marketing plans to achieve sales product brand and budget goals and collaborates with field sales organizations to identify and pursue opportunities and establish and maintain strong customer relationships. Division Information: The Corporate Accounts Division maximizes sales and profitability within strategic Corporate Account IDNs and key GPO Shareholder systems. Position Description: PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct National Account program for assigned GPOs towards achieving annual sales goals.
• Apply knowledge of National Accounts sales/management techniques and processes to maximize sales and profitability and grow business.
• Present and sell Teleflex Medical’s Value Propositions to top tier strategic accounts (management and executive staff).
• Develop and foster business relationships with key contract management and senior leadership at assigned accounts.
• Determine and prioritize opportunities and risks within strategic accounts.
• Direct Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) processes for assigned accounts.
• Understand and ensure compliance with policy and all legal aspects of GPO Terms and Conditions documents.
• Work with sales leadership, marketing management and in house staff in order to identify and create customized value-adds, solutions and value proposition deliverables. Identify and prioritize, with the assistance of the various functional areas (to include Contract Services, Distribution, Credit, Accounting) opportunities for improvement in internal processes, etc.
• Coordinate the traffic of field sales activities within strategic accounts in order to pursue identified opportunities and reduce risks of revenue and margin loss
• Work with sales management and marketing to establish pricing, margin, gap analysis and sales proposals for strategic accounts
• Manage contract renewal process for all assigned accounts.
• Understand and interpret Corporate sales goals and initiatives so that priorities can be balanced and timelines established.
• Lead management meetings and provides input for all projects under discussion.
• Prepare and submit to Business Unit Leadership annual sales forecast/projections by product category and customer.
• Develop training and collateral material and coordinate customer promotions and/or advertising for assigned accounts.
• Prepare monthly sales report to include travel activities, sales projections, competitive product and pricing information, user reaction, market changes and trends, etc.
• Implement short and long term programs based on specific product and/or market requirements.
• Attend related conventions, trade shows and seminars to represent Teleflex Medical and to maintain and enhance required skill proficiencies
• Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex Medical’s code of conduct, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
Requirements: EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 7 years successful medical device sales experience. Healthcare management business experience, in-depth knowledge of Group Purchasing Organizations, Integrated Delivery Networks, sales management techniques and processes required.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Business analysis experience and the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
• Proficient understanding of the budget process and financial statements
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and database
• Strong time management, organizational and planning skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Proven self-motivated, proactive, and creative self-starter with a strong work ethic and ownership of responsibility
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 50 %