The Compliance Internal Auditor position is responsible for designing, implementing, conducting, and overseeing the internal audit work plan across the organization. Proactively monitor and audit to test and confirm compliance with regulatory requirements and the organization's policies. Prepare detailed work papers in accordance with established audit guidelines for areas of billing, operations, IT, privacy, compliance and other areas as identified. Report audit findings or activities to the Hospital Board of Directors' Compliance Internal Audit committee. Assess, analyze and recommend process changes to support a strong corporate compliance program. Perform follow up audit/monitoring activities to determine whether recommendations and corrective action plans have been implemented. Support continuous auditing and monitoring of identified compliance risks.
1. Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business administration/ IT, public health law or related discipline.
2. Five (5) years of experience in healthcare administration compliance with a minimum of two (2) years of full-time work experience in healthcare auditing in a healthcare setting or with a provider of services to the healthcare industry.
3. Familiarity with healthcare laws, CMS regulations, IIA standards, and AHIA guidelines.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated numerical aptitude and attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
6. Strong organizational and planning skills.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
1. Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)or Certified Internal Auditors (CIA) preferred.