SCOPE OF POSITION
The Corporate Director, Facility Services will have a broad scope of responsibilities to include all owned or managed hospitals office and clinical facilities across the alliance. The hospital facilities encompass over 2 million square feet, 1750 Licensed Beds, 1350 Active Beds and over $900 million in insured building and property value. The Corporate Director has operational and/or strategic oversight for Facility Performance and Environment, Maintenance, Emergency Management and some Housekeeping.
Position will be responsible for assuring areas of accountability conform to the requirements set forth of authorized planning, regulatory agencies, reviewing and acting promptly to reports from such agencies, and oversee department policies conform to appropriate mandates and standards of expectations. Provides corporate direction for maintenance and technical support at all facilities while maximizing resources and contract services effectiveness and cost.
The corporate director is accountable for compliance with all pertinent Joint Commission standards and with the local, state, national, and federal regulations.
1. Responsible for strategic and master planning of facilities and campuses in support of the MSHA mission and vision.
2. Establish, maintain and oversight of $20,000,000 total annual operational expense budget.
3. Develop and project management oversight of $10,000,000 to $15,000,000 annually in capital renovations and hospital upgrades.
4. Set hiring guidelines for leadership and resources to maintain the facilities across the Alliance.
5. Annually develops long-term and short-term goals and objectives related to Facilities Services across the alliance.
6. Oversight of contract administration related to maintenance, service contracts, and outsourcing professional services.
7. Puts systems and resources in place across the alliance to ensure minimal operating cost per facility including purchased services, labor, supplies and utilities.
8. Responsible for the development and implementation of appropriate system wide policies and procedures and for ensuring that these policies and procedures are consistently observed across the alliance.
9. Provides corporate direction and ensures proper reporting for and on all equipment maintenance while providing technical support.
10. Ensure all buildings, building equipment and facility systems are maintained in a maximum state of readiness at all times and especially for situations such as natural disasters, hostage, terrorism, work place/domestic violence, etc. across the alliance
11. Ensures communications and services related to facilities meet MSHA expectations.
12. Ensures MSHA readiness in Emergency Management to meet all Hazards defined through a hazardous vulnerability analyses and serves as Technical Resource for Hospital Incidence Command Structure (HICS) for MSHA.
13. Ensure compliance with appropriate Life Safety requirements, and requirements related to drills, inspections, etc. across the alliance.
14. Maintain subject matter expert knowledge in emergency management for MSHA.
The Corporate Director, Facility Services reports directly to the Vice President, Facilities and Construction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or related field Required.
- Master's Degree in the same area and/or in a related management discipline is Preferred.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in healthcare or related field, including 7 years in a supervisory role.