Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Promotes Abbott Vascular products through education of current and potential customers and procedure coverage within a defined territory/region/area by providing clinical education and sales support in order to assist in achieving projected sales goals and increasing sales revenues within assigned product lines. Travel Required 50-75%
1. Serves as primary resource for clinical support in the areas of surgical coverage, troubleshooting and in-service education for company products.
2. Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to keep all customers abreast of the latest product, therapy, and technology developments and current items of interest in the industry.
3. Performs clinical and library research and participates in case reviews and clinical observation by working with physicians and/or lab staff.
4. Attends clinical procedures in the labs and operating rooms of hospital accounts to assure customer and patient success with Abbott Vascular products.
5. Meets with existing and potential clients (e.g., physicians, physician office groups at hospitals) by traveling (in an automobile or airplane) to identify their clinical needs, goals, and constraints related to patient care and to discuss and demonstrate how Abbott Vascular products can help them to achieve their goals.
6. Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
7. Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g., sales, clinical research, marketing, technical support) to develop optimal solutions.
Accountability / Scope / Budget
(Influence/Leadership) Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. May demonstrate basic project management skills by acting as a project lead on small, well defined projects. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
(Planning/Organization) Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
(Decision Making/Impact) Exercises authority and judgment within defined limits to determine appropriate action. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
Bachelor's degree plus 6+ years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Working knowledge and application of business concepts, procedures and practices. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Has a general knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.