Careers that Change Lives
Bring your sales talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
- This role will work collaboratively in a team with one other Sr Sales Rep in the same territory for a period of 18 to 24 months. At the end of this time and based on strong overall sales and competency performance, the Coronary Sales Rep may be eligible to receive an independent territory, either in the same geography or an expansion territory in another location
- Maximize profit by achieving sales revenue targets and grow market share for a specified territory, by promoting, selling and servicing Medtronic Coronary and/or Peripheral vascular products
- Practice good, ethical territory management in terms of organization, planning, administration and expense planning and control
- Increase sales and revenue by aggressively targeting and developing new accounts
- Train appropriate medical staff on products and procedures
- Meet expectations as defined by Sales Management
A Day in the Life
- Planning/Results Orientation
- Ability to develop, implement and deliver on plans to achieve/exceed sales targets.
- Plans, actions, and results should include:
- Consistent achievement/overachievement of sales objectives
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities
- Specific targeted accounts/customers in which to maintain and grow business
- Identified competitive accounts in which to establish and promote new business
- Consistent follow through on all objectives and assignments
- Metrics and timelines to evaluate results
- Territory Management /Account Development
- Develop and maintain accurate account and territory records
- Effectively manage time to ensure maximum coverage of all accounts within territory in order to achieve optimum level of exposure and results
- Develop and act on plans which identify growth opportunities within current and competitive customer accounts
- Develop and implement strategies to counter competitors
- In collaboration with other departments, manage inventory to optimally balance availability of product with inventory costs
- Control and manage expenses in the most cost effective manner for the company
- Influence and Selling Skills
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external key decision makers, customers and their staff, administrative staff, etc.
- Plan, implement and deliver effective sales/product presentations to customers, defining objectives and measuring success
- Probe to understand and confirm customers’ needs, handle objections, and gain commitment by customers on actions to drive revenue growth and maximize profitability
- Maximize revenue potential by targeting specific customers to gain sales leads and develop business opportunities to drive growth
- Customer Service
- Respond to customer requests and resolve complaints in a prompt and effective manner
- Educate customers to ensure that products are understood and used effectively
- Maintain high standard of personal presentation and promote a professional image
- Develop and maintain productive, collaborative working relationships within company to ensure maximum sales support and a high level of customer service
- Actively contribute to the development of a strong team effort
- Communicate market intelligence/competitor activity promptly, including potential sales leads, and provide information regarding product price or account activity to Regional Manager and other appropriate company personnel; e.g., The Legal Dept.
- Maintain a professional standard of written and verbal communication
- Proactively respond to all requests in a professional, timely manner; e.g., Voicemail, email, etc.
- Self-Development and Product Knowledge
- Proactively develop knowledge, skills and abilities in all relevant areas; e.g., clinical, technical, product and sales skills
- Recognize, understand, and be able to communicate features, strengths, and drawbacks of competitive products in relation to the company’s products
- Participate in product and skill development programs and activities such as classroom education, on-the-job training, and other relevant activities that assist in the development of the team and yourself
- Adherence with all company policies and procedures; e.g., Code of Conduct, AdvaMed, etc.
- Compliance with all relevant clinical and regulatory body guidelines
- Adherence to customer account policies and procedures where applicable
- Compliance with all safety standards, policies and regulations
MUST HAVE: BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years medical sales experience (selling physician preference products) in hospital or specialty clinic environment or 1 year of Medtronic CRDM Clinical Specialist experience
NICE TO HAVE: DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong preference toward local candidates with cath lab sales experience
- Prefer sales experience in capital equipment sales, surgical sales, and in-hospital pharmaceutical. Medical device sales is especially preferred but not required
- Completion of a strong sales training program
- Demonstrated high level of sales performance in a highly technical, competitive and volatile environment
- Demonstrated skills in account, inventory, expense, and budget management
- Demonstrated skills in sales planning, organization and execution
- Consistent success working in a variety of business conditions
- Ability to teach and educate medical personnel, peers, and technical support personnel
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative environment
- Continual self-development
- Computer (PC) literacy
- Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application
- If final candidate has 5+ years medical industry sales experience (selling physician preference products) in hospital environment with 3 years selling to OR, interventional cardiology or cath lab they may be considered at the Senior Coronary rep level.
- If final candidate has 10+ years medical industry sales experience (selling physician preference products) in hospital environment with 3 years selling to OR, interventional cardiology or cath lab they may be considered at the Principal Coronary rep level.
- If final candidate has 15+ years medical industry sales experience (selling physician preference products) in hospital environment with 3 years selling to OR, interventional cardiology or cath lab they may be considered at the Senior Principal Coronary rep level
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent requiredtravel to customer clinics, hospitals and offsite meetings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers
- Lifting/carrying 20 pounds
- Sit/stand walk 6-8 hours day
- Operate moving vehicle.