Primary Job Function
Ensures that the assigned region meets or exceeds sales and profitability objectives. Formulates sales strategies for markets within the assigned geography and product lines in order to attain revenue goals set by the company. Works with sales representatives to identify and evaluate market opportunities and sales potential and to establish and achieve their annual sales objectives. Manages and coaches the activities of sales representatives, clinical representatives, and other field personnel. Negotiates contracts with external customers. Keeps the company informed of market dynamics and competitive activity. Responsible for the management and implementation of company policies. Travel required 50-75%.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Recruits, coaches and develops organizational talent.; 2. Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.; 3. Creates an entrepreneurial environment.; 4. Provides direction and guidance to exempt specialists and/or supervisory staff who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. May supervise non-exempt employees.; 5. Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.; 6. Demonstrates effective change leadership.; 7. Builds strategic partnerships to further departmental and organizational objectives.; 8. Develops and executes organizational and operational policies that affect one or more groups by utilizing technical/professional knowledge and skills.; 9. Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, BSI, EEO regulations, etc.).; 10. Makes decisions regarding work processes or operational plans and schedules in order to achieve department objectives.; 11. Develops, monitors and appropriately adjusts the annual budget for department(s).
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
Provides direction and guidance to exempt specialist and/or supervisory personnel who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments; evaluates performance of and assists in career development planning for subordinates; often responsible for a centralized staff or professional function of the company.
Position Accountability / Scope
- Develops, communicates, and builds consensus for operating goals that are in alignment with the division.
- Provides leadership to assigned staff and supervisors by communicating and providing guidance towards achieving department objectives.
- Creates immediate to long-range plans to carry out objectives established by top management; develops and calculates a budget for a department or group to meet organizational goals; forecasts future departmental needs including human and material resources and capital expenditures; recommends or modifies the structure of organizational units or a centralized functional activity subject to senior management approval.
- Assignments are expressed in the form of objectives; makes decisions regarding work processes or operational plans and schedules in order to achieve the program objectives established by senior management; consequences of erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally include critical delays and modifications to projects or operations with substantial expenditure of time, human resources, and funds, and may jeopardize future business activity.
Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related work experience or related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degreepreferred.