Our client, a worldwide Investment Bank is seeking a Core Java Programmer to join a global engineering team, this team is under the Market Data Services umbrella.
This team is responsible for the design, deployment and support of the technologyinfrastructure that provides for the consumption of real time exchange feeds internally.
This environment includes coverage of desktop applications and algorithmic trading systems. Systems are supported in over 30 Data Centers with over 20 distinct exchange feeds coming into many of those centers.
He/She will develop and support home grown and open source solutions designed to support the needs of the consumers throughout the Bank.
- Help vet and implement critical solutions
- Analyze and articulate problems and provide input to solutions
- Defend proposed solutions and take on constructive feedback regarding proposed solutions
- Provide 3rd level support to operational roles
- Knowledge in Market Data Products that deliver critical capabilities to users, these product include but are not limited to: TREP, SR LABS/ Wombat Direct Feed Handlers or competitors, Bloomberg BPIPE
- Working knowledge of entitlement systems (DACS, DART, etc. )
- Understanding of markets' microstructure
- Experience overseeing technical delivery by vendors
- 5+ years experience with the following technologies:
- Strong programing skills in Java
- Knowledge of Spring Boot
- Experience with otherlanguages, including C, C++, Perl and Python
- Network Protocols including TCP and Multicast protocols
- Knowledge of OpenMAMA
- Linux RH6.5 and greater
- Scripting including csh, sh, bash
- Knowledge of Solace messaging appliances